Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Namaste

(photo from the book "Be Here Now" by Ram Dass)

I just left work feeling rather under-the-weather and sped on my way home amidst battling hot flashes.... I was driving stupid fast (not even going to say how fast) and low and behold I zoom right past a copper. He spins around and follows behind me, the lights begin to flash and I pull over into a church parking lot.
First thing he says "You know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "Yes, I am so sorry. I am feeling very sick and trying to make it home." Officer: "Where do you live?"
Me: "Gay, just right up the road here" (knowing my license says Alabama)
Officer: "So, how long have you been living in Gay."
Me: "I just moved here."
Officer: "So, how long?"
Me: (knowing it's been almost two years) "A few months"
Officer: "You know you're supposed to get your license and tag renewed within 30 days."
Me: "Yes, I know. It's at the top of my to-do list."
Officer: "Ok, well stay here. I'll be back in a few minutes."
Me: *waiting* fanning myself because I feel like a 1,000 degrees.. .watching the officer radio someone in....
Officer: Steps out of car...stops and looks at my bumper stickers then returns to me "Alright now, have a nice day. Don't speed, the roads are wet and its dangerous."
Me: "Thank you! You have a nice day too."
Officer: "Namaste"
Me: *smiles* (hardly believing what I just heard) "Namaste!"
.... I rolled up my window and proceeded to cry on the way home... Happy tears, of course. Wow, t hat was beautiful. NAMASTE <3 div="">


No comments:

Post a Comment