Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Creator


During the Winter months I tend to find myself quieting down, moving more gently and gravitating towards all things COZY. I've always found comfort in creating with my hands. There is a special sort of magic involved with taking something like fiber, wood or copper and turning it into something much more beautiful than its original form. Truly, there is magic involved in all things creative.
Take music for example, the instruments are tools just waiting to be touched and plucked...
 waiting for someone to come along and make a melody out of what was once silence.

There is just something so powerful about being a creator and honoring your potential to create.
We all have that potential! I love being able to recognize that in another person and having the opportunity to support their craft; be it music, artwork, textiles... you name it!

If it's important to you to keep the arts alive and thriving,
then the best way that you can show your support is to simply Show Up.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:

* Attend local events and markets that feature Artists.
*Buy something from an artist!
*Find a gallery near you.
*Enroll in classes for art/craft lessons.
*Exchange knowledge and skills with other creators.
*Find a local band that you love and purchase their music or go to their shows.
*Shop handmade during the holiday season.
*Buy art from children and teens, encouraging them.
*Donate to charities that involve keeping arts and music alive.
*Buy directly from your fav. creators at events or their online shops.
*WORD OF MOUTH:Tell other people about your favorite artists!


& on that note...

I wanted to share some of the beautiful crocheted creations that have came from my own hands!
These meditation mats began with me wanting to make something for myself and for my home. I've always wanted a handmade rug and it dawned on me that I had all of the supplies needed to make my own. I was also longing to make something that brought me peace and felt like meditation when creating it... So that is how my idea for the meditation mat was born! I loooooved the one that I made for our home so much and found so much joy in creating it that I soon felt called to create more and offer them to others for their own sacred space.

There is something so beautiful about being able to amplify a space with colors, textures, smell, sound and so on. I feel more and more like part of my offerings is to be able to help others do that. To inspire and help people to create their own little corner of peace, solitude, beauty- whatever the seeker is seeking. There is something to be said for creating a space with intention. I really feel like stepping into that zone will charge you. Isn't it wild how something so simple as seeing a little color or feeling a little softness can shift our energy and emotions so much? I really like to play with that!

.
.
.
.
.
.
#1


.
.
.
.
#2

.
.
.
.
.
#3



7 comments:

  1. It has hygge! The Dutch suppose it is only a Danish phenomena; indeed I suppose it to be no less than a human phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *just* learned about hygge this past week! & Agreed. I feel like it's just human nature to seek comfort and beauty. On another note, is this THE Cole Purcell that I once had the pleasure of working with? If so, how wild because I was thinking of you this past week as well!

      Delete
  2. Only if it was in THE town of the walking dead. I just happened to think of you while listening to a Mark O'Connor album I just bought. The song was no less: Two Creations (#45). Very appropriate regarding your post. I had to rummage through my drawer of miscellanies to find your business card that you gave to me some time ago. Glad to see you're still awake.
    שלום
    החבר
    שלך
    ניקולס

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Mark O'Connor, but I'm going to check out that album today because you've never steered me wrong with music recommendations in the past. Speaking of which, I have one for you too! The artist is Mariee Sioux and the album is titled "Faces in the Rocks". I have a feeling that you're going to love her! On a different note, I want to say THANK YOU for your support and for being such a wonderful being. <3 I shipped out your package yesterday and added a few extra goodies in there for you as well.

      Delete
    2. Oh man, I think you'll like him, the album is Elysian Forest. The package is near, if it doesn't make it today it will probably come tomorrow. I'm excited. Btw, I commend your perspicacity I truly dig Ms. Sioux's music, especially buried in teeth. I'd like to share a cup of coffee with her.

      Delete
    3. It DID arrive today! I love it, the rug, the repurposed box, the feather, the memory that I recall very well, the tile, and the care. It's like getting a few munchkins thrown in with a box of donuts. lol. Very hyggelig.
      I don't doubt that you are familiar with the word Namaste, a nearly synonymous word is שלום or Shalom which is a very common Hebrew word but one which has depth. שלום means Hello, Goodbye, Peace. So to use it in departing is to instill hope in the heaviness the heart bears in goodbyes, like the love in a strangers eyes.
      So hello, Courtney. שלום.

      Delete
    4. I haven't gotten around to listening to the album, but I did listen to the song! It was a fun listen, the type of music that gets your imagination running...possibly even spinning at times. Ha!

      & Thank you SO SO much! I'm so glad that you loved all of your goodies. I really enjoyed putting that package together. :) You pulled my heart strings with that last sentiment. Thank you for sharing your light. Hello, Cole. I see you! שלום

      Delete