Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Life In A Day

Over the span of the last three days I have found the time to watch a film.  
I found the film by reading the blog on Prana's website, which usually has some interesting post.


The film is titled Life In A Day, and is a historic  hour and a half film capturing what it was like to be alive on the 24th of July, 2010. 
Executive produced by Ridley Scott and directed by Kevin Macdonald.
This film is available via YouTube.
I really like the song in the film, which is sung by three different people throughout. 
It goes something like this...

I want to drink from the clearest water...
I want to eat the things I ought to...
I'm... just one, I know... but, I... feel strong, you know...
I want to reach the greatest mountain...
climb if I want, without shouting
I'm just one, I know... but I, feel strong, you know...


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many people are so wrapped up in their ego and what is going on in their life that they rarely consider what is happening in other peoples lives around the world.  Many of the people I know, even friends, go about pitying themselves all day long. And it really is a shame, because it isn't very difficult to realize that there is another human on earth, another human just like you, who is in a far worse situation.  When you begin to notice these things, your life becomes a lot better... because you begin to understand that your ego- your emotions- your self pity- aren't as big of a deal as what you thought they were.  When you can let go of your ego, you can become one with your surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment