Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: Plant Life, a photo journal

I am sorting through my (electronic) photo albums and feel that I may end up doing a series of blog post in regards to events that were recorded this past year with photography...

I will begin this short series with something that is very dear to me, manipulating the lives of plants...




JANUARY
"The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live." -Confucius












 ........................................... 

FEBRUARY
 "Every breath is a giveaway dance between you and the plants."
-Susun Weed










 .............................................

MARCH
 "To see a world
in a grain of sand
and heaven in a wildflower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
and eternity in an hour."
-William Blake

















..................................................
APRIL
"My only desire is an intimate infusion with nature, and the only fate I wish is to have worked and lived in harmony with her laws."
-Claude Monet

































.....................................................
MAY
 "Do not squander time, for that's the stuff life is made of."
-Benjamin Franklin



























....................................................
JUNE
"Earth laughs in flowers."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson






































 






....................................
JULY
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."
-Michael Pollan

















....................................
AUGUST
"Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy."
-Lao Tzu














.........................................................
SEPTEMBER
" When I go into the garden with a spade, and dig a bed, I feel such an exhilaration and health that I discover that I have been defrauding myself all this time in letting others do for me what I should have done with my own hands." 
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  




















................................
OCTOBER

"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."
~John Muir




..............................
NOVEMBER
 "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." ~Lao Tzu























...................................
DECEMBER
 "Nature is my medicine."
  ~Sara Moss-Wolfe









2 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! It makes me wish it were spring already, so I could fill my garden.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am looking forward to gardening this spring as well, although it hasn't really gotten around to feeling like Winter, here in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete