Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fluidity

I haven't been faithful to the up-keep of my blog lately... However, it's all in good reasoning. 
Life is beautiful, you see... And I've been happily inhaling and exhaling every bit of it.

My house is peaceful (other than my new cat urinated on a thing or two, and my grandmother leaving me voice mails threatening to have me put in jail for a camera that I borrowed from her too many weeks too long -which, by the way- she had for nearly three years and never used ONCE) 
So, those matters aside...
My personal business...ish (endeavors) is moving along quite nicely.  Okay, it's not just one simple thing that I have going on... I'm pretty much trying to branch out from every little shoot I have. 
But that's good, right?
Landon and I now have six pieces of art on display at a local tattoo shop called Black Lotus Tattoo Gallery. It's a nice little shop with huge buddha heads that sit greeting you as you enter.
I will also be displaying art at Forty Two Degrees South in the Little Five Points district of Atlanta. 
Driving through Atlanta is a real bitch, kind of like a grandma that wants you in jail.
But, what are ya gonna do?!?
I must admit, some shops are nice and so are the concerts- so in the end the drive is worth it.
Especially in the case of displaying art, because it brings me closer to being more independent from the way most people make a "living".
  Conversations of a gallery show are circulating our home, so we have a lot of work to do to prepare.
I also plan to begin crocheting madly, to get enough pieces ready for sale in local shops.
So... there has been much work done lately- including learning to fish for bass and clean them.
I am thankful to have a younger brother whose passion is primitive and can teach me the ways of the waters.

My brother taught me how to fish for bass this weekend and I taught him how to NOT GIVE A FUCK about what other people think. For his fifteenth birthday I took him to the Bassnectar, Pretty Lights and Beats Antique show in Alpharetta. We danced... a lot. When you go somewhere where you are surrounded by such beautiful vibrations, vibrations that run through your entire body, everyone around you is dancing... How could you be still? It isn't possible.
It's important to experience the spirit of dance, at some point in your life. It doesn't have to be bass that can be heard within a 20 mile radius. It can be as simple as the melodies of a djembe and thumb piano. Just to move your body with such fluidity, to let the water that our bodies are made up of flow freely...
Dancing brings such a sense of freedom within your body and soul. I'm glad that my brother was able to experience that. Not to be concerned with who is watching, but to just move instinctively without worry or critical opinion of yourself of what others may think.
I'll definitely be attending many more of Mr. Lorin's sweet sweet shows.













2 comments:

  1. "I haven't been faithful to the up-keep of my blog lately... However, it's all in good reasoning.
    Life is beautiful, you see... And I've been happily inhaling and exhaling every bit of it.
    "

    ---Ditto ♥


    "It's important to experience the spirit of dance"

    ----Yessss.

    Hugs to pine mountain from zen forest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, those hugs are mutual. I hope the seasons are rolling along beautifully in Zen Forest and all life is well. :)

    ReplyDelete