Friday, September 23, 2011

Virgo II

The day of my birth occurred the first Sunday of the month. A week before I had received two early gifts from Landon, one by accident. The moment was rather upsetting for him when I discovered the gift he was going to save for last. The same thing happened to me on his birthday week. I ordered the French Laundry cookbook by Thomas Keller and Deborah Jones. We already had the Bouchon cookbook and he had been wanting this particular one for a while now. I was really excited, this book is huge and not only has great recipes but beautiful photographs as well. He ended up seeing the order confirmation by accident, and I was just as bummed as he was on my birthday week when I walked into his dad's house and checked our old mail and found concert tickets. 

It was an amazing week/day. I now have a beautiful kitten, Gaia, lying by me purring every time I begin to glance at her. Cat vibes are awesome by the way, you should try them sometime. Two tickets to a two night show of Bassnectar, Beats Antique, Pretty Lights and Big Gigantic are awaiting me. Three new pieces of art are displayed in our house as well, two of which are some of my favorite artist. 
Gustav Klimt and Salvador Dali.

I also experienced the best sushi thus far in my life on that Sunday. 
Our local chef, employer and friend, Chef John Makin, made a sushi lunch for Landon and I.
It was delicious. Mmmmmmm. I have a soft spot in my soul for sushi. Sushi is my soul food.
...Which is why I usually eat far too much of it on my birthday. 


.................................
Warning: Your mouth may water...if your into this kind of stuff...
Also, I must admit that I returned home with a very bloated stomach and a guilty conscious about how much food I had just consumed... It was still delicious.
 ....................................

My birthday muffin from Landon's brother.













Landon's mom came by and brought me a ceramic bowl that she found at a yard sale along with some lovely cacti/succulents. :)























2 comments:

  1. Wow, what wonderful looking sushi. I think maybe I haven't lived until I eat sushi like that!
    What a beautiful bowl. It looks lovely filled with the succulents. Happy belated Birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trish. My smaller succulents covers have already doubled in size!

    ReplyDelete