Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Patience...

"Constant labor of one uniform kind destroys the intensity and flow of a man's animal spirits, which find recreation and delight in mere change of activity." -Karl Marx
 
This, I find to be incredibly true. Work, in the sense that others are familiar with, does not sit well with me. The repetition of driving to and from work, sitting and standing at work, speaking with others at work... these things dull my spirit and natural instincts. How can I be human when I feel so much like a machine? At times my hands are on the keyboard or holding a phone when I know they should be digging in the dirt or creating something new. At those times I do not have the choice to let go of the phone and wander into a garden. I am there...in this building for eight hours doing as I am told by others. The majority of people have become content with this lifestyle, I however, can not sit comfortably with it and must find several paths that lead me back to where I want to be. I am marching my way through these paths and will soon find a way out. Till then, patience is the key.
 













 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, why haven't I been following this blog? Amazing photos, my friend.

    And your comment about dreadlocks dripped of all sorts of lovely truths.

    * hugs *

    ReplyDelete
  2. And as far as this particular blog post goes ~ yes you will find a way out if that is your intention. Manifest it!
    I wish I knew more about you and your life . . but, come visit Zen Forest some time perhaps? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany~

    Thank you for the compliment. :) It's funny that today, of all days, you write that I will find a way out if that is my intention. Today I put in my notice to quit my job in the city, things are slowly but surely changing for the better.

    If I ever happen to travel to or through Kentucky, I would love to pay a visit to the Zen Forest. And if you ever find yourself wondering through Georgia, you are welcome to my home in Pine Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaaaay! * big hug * I can't wait to see how everything goes. Lovely things happen when we remember our co-creating power.

    I travel that way every now and again to visit my dad (who lives on Amelia Island) so you just never know :)

    ReplyDelete