Sunday, April 24, 2011

Salute to the Seasons...

We went hiking today in Pine Mountain. It was somewhat a celebration of Easter. Not in the sense that most people would conceive, we were truthfully celebrating the Earth, and the changing of the seasons by admiring the beauty around us. So, I guess you could call that Easter. We brought along with us a variety of delicious cheese, flat bread crackers, homemade corn bread, and salami for out afternoon meal, which are my favorite hiking foods. It's hard to understand how people eat freeze fried meals on  day hikes or any processed foods when there are so many wonderful whole and natural foods. I will spare you my rant about hiking foods and leave with you some photos from today's adventures...


floating caterpillar...:D



there is a lizard hidden in these next two photographs...




 fallen yellow poplar flowers...




just after i thought to myself that I'd like to see a snake... taa daa...








beautiful mountain laurel flowers...








































No comments:

Post a Comment