Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Room for Living

I recently had a 'kicked in the ass' moment.  Or maybe you could call it a 'slap in the face' moment. I did the kicking and slapping myself, to myself, if that makes any sense.  It was mentally, I didn't figure out a way to kick myself or decide to slap myself. But mentally, yes, I slapped myself extremely hard. Sometimes that is a good thing. Actually, it is always a good thing. I needed to be kicked.  I find myself constantly working and not making enough time for the things in my life that I feel matter the most. For example: creating artwork, practicing yoga, gardening and hiking. There are a hundred other pastimes that I could add to that list, but I will try to keep it simple for the readers sake.  This is why I had to kick myself, because I am putting less important things before the most important things. I have not stopped doing the things I enjoy, but I am not doing them quite as much as I'd like, and when I am doing them I am not completely immersing myself in the moment. I practice yoga everyday, but lately I have been in such a rush with my busy schedule that I have not had the opportunity to spend 30 minutes or an hour just doing yoga and focusing on my body or meditating. On a recent Sunday I was completely free of a schedule and had the time to sit outside and meditate off and on for most of the day. That Sunday was the day I kicked myself, and it felt good.  Now that I've been kicked, I am ready to change a few things in my daily routine (that I wish I did not have) and begin using my free time to paint, do yoga, tend to the garden and hike.  I will leave you with a few recent photos that I hoe you'll enjoy.  I am now going to do my morning power yoga.

p.s.  The chicks are now 3 weeks old and have moved into a bigger box. They are growing so quickly!














 my handsome cat, tommy








 the first iris bloom of the season


 in the living room... isn't every room a room for living?








8 comments:

  1. Keep kicking yourself and keep it up! Your newest follower from EBT, welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to kick myself in the butt too. Loved the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, the lil' chick's are so sweet. They do grow fast! They'll be laying eggs before you know it.

    I know what you mean about spending too much time on work, and everything but yourself. I'm guilty of that myself, and just over the last month or so, I've been changing that. I still have a way to go, but I'm getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to give my self one of the 'mental ass kicking/slap-in-the face' sort of things. Though I have been doing 50% better with this the past few weeks...it's not enough. I spend WAY too much time working and not enough time doing the things I want to do with my life...I'd love to start doing yoga,gardening,and spending most of my days outdoors...I'll just keep working on getting to a point where I CAN do those those things :) Great photos-I love the baby chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does Mr. Kitty think about baby chicks? I remember when mine were that small. They would fall asleep in an instant, standing up and in the middle of eating. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chicks!! They are soo cute it's hard to believe that they absolutely delicious when they grown. Although if I raised my own chicks I wouldn't eat them. I have totally put my likes aside for the past few months and totally regret it. but you live you learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is too short to spend it working and not enjoying the things you love. The little chicks are so sweet...I want to hold one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been thinking about the same kinds of things lately! Maybe it's impending spring. :) I can't wait to see what you come up with for the improved you.

    ReplyDelete