Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dreaming with my eyes wide open...

While listening to the sweet acoustic tunes of Frakers Farm in my living room, I'm dreaming (and blogging) of making music in the mountains. I should be using this time to make music as well or do something I would normally consider productive, however, I'm beginning to consider blogging as a productive past time. Since I'm dreaming of the mountains, I will post some photographs of our last trip in and around Asheville, NC and the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I know that the last time I posted about Asheville I said that the next time I visited would be permanent. Well, that was wishful thinking... We have visited twice more since then, and will probably visit again for a backpacking trip before we move to the area.  Ahhhhhhhhh... Asheville.

At the campsite...


Hiking around the Blue Ridge Parkway...



Mmmmm,  chocolate truffles from French Broad Chocolate Lounge...


I love to see an abundance of street art, it's everywhere there...

A small garden area behind Shady Grove Flowers...

Crystals being sold at the Lexington Avenue Art Festival...
I bought a pair of earrings at LAAF that have live tillandsia plants in them, made by the lovely Kambra.






No comments:

Post a Comment