Monday, January 24, 2011

In the pines...

I currently work for an outfitter store where we sell kayaks, camping, backpacking, climbing, and hiking gear as well as clothing and a few neat random things like eno hammocks and kavu hats. A month or so ago a man came in the store in search of hiking boots. A few weeks later we received a photograph from him of a small pine tree that was two or three inches tall. I really like the photo so I taped the photo to the wall behind the front counter. The photograph was taken in Pine Mountain, a local hiking are in Georgia.  About a week after we received the photo the guy returned and noticed the photo and told me a little about it. Years ago a lot of the trees in the area were removed, however this pine tree was left remaining. The pine tree grew big as the old oak left near it fell. Eventually a pine cone fell in the old oak and from it a pine tree sprouted. The man, whose name is Eddie, showed me where to reach the tree on a Pine Mountain Trail map. So Landon and I decided to visit. The following are memories of a Sunday in Pine Mountain, Ga.  enjoy...


a closer look...



tree pose...
dancers pose...


taa daa...fire!
 

homemade bread...

salami, parrano cheese and homemade bread...
warrior II...

warrior I...
upward dog...

 purifying the water from the falls with our handy dandy uv light...



No comments:

Post a Comment